It's now the end of Day 2 of the Area SEND inspection.
We have had parent reps at attend various meetings along with commissioners , health providers and Local Authority Officers over the last 2 days that have covered the following themes:
- Briefing from Peter Murphy (Director for Children, Adults and Health) to inspectors
- Reviewing the LA and Health self evaluation
- Identification of needs
- Meeting the needs of Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs
- Preparing for adulthood
- Local Information , Advice and Support
- Parent Carer Engagement in Service planning
- Joint Commissioning
- Inspectors will be visiting education settings tomorrow (wed) , reviewing the online survey from families and speaking to depts within Health.
We were asked by the inspectors to pass on their sincere thanks to those families who were able to take part in the webinar on Friday 3rd Nov by the end of the session 88 families had joined in. The online survey is live until midnight on the 7th November.
During the course of the day unfortunately there was an IT issue and the online survey did close down. Thank you to those parents who noticed this and got in touch with us. This has now been sorted so we hope you will be able to access this. Any problems let us know .
We will update you all next when we hear some more information which will usually be once the report /letter is sent to the council . Thank You !