We have funding from South GLOUCESTERSHIRE council to design some workshops that are more specific to our families needs. This is a Pilot throughout 2018-2019 where we want to collect your thoughts.
We have a fantastic Team of Parents and Professionals who are working together and writing this programme.
All our courses will follow 5 threads or themes.
- What is going on? Looking for clues. Digging deep trying to investigate the reasons why!
- Knowing and understanding. Having knowledge explains so much and will bring many "aha!" and "so that is why...." moments. Our workshops will develop your knowledge and increase your understanding of your child based on the theme of the course.
- Positive & Proactive = happier families Once we have an understanding we can look at ways to be proactive to address the issues we face. When your child's needs are met and they feel safe and supported they can flourish. Happiness for all!
- Making it work for you. Our courses will help you learn how you can apply all the knowledge that you have acquired and apply it to your own circumstances and your child.
- Moving forward So now you know what to do and how it can work for you, what are the next steps? How do you share this information with those who work with your child so you are all on the same page? What services are out there and how you access them? What can the future hold? This course will gently help you start to think about the future and 'what next?'.
Our very first workshop is based on Sensory Needs and is part of a new series of workshops written for Parents and Carers in South Glos. We are piloting 5/6 different workshops for Parents and Carers in South Glos only.
Our first session will be delivered on the 9th July.