'If its important to you its important to us... its that simple'
Here are our plans at SGPC to move things forward constructively with the LA regarding the recent news of the Ofsted inspection that was published on 13th Feb 2017
Now that the news has sunk in, and emotions are still running high, we are passionate to hear more from you!
Alongside all the support we provide families of children with additional needs and disabilities in S Glos, advocating for families is where our passion lies (and is indeed where we started)
SGPC formally named ‘’our voice matters’’ does just that …………………………. because
‘’ your voice matters”!
We have taken on board all of your valuable comments over the last few days from social media and emails and would like to thank you for your comments, and as always happy to hear more.
We are unique as we have parent reps within our organisation who represent the collective voice of our community, and challenge the local authority and health commissioners regarding services for our vulnerable children.
How do we do this?
We have worked hard developing relationships with the LA and health so that our Reps have an official place at board meetings where we directly input our community’s views on a regular basis.
Some of the main meetings we attend are:
CYP family’s partnership Board.
0-25 partnership Board that is relaunching very soon.
ASD Strategy Group
Mental Health Strategy Group
Short breaks and commissioning
Away days with health teams
Meetings we have attended since April 2016
Here are our plans:
1) The LA invited us to meet with them on Monday 13th to discuss the Ofsted inspection.
2) Our members wanted a chance to meet the LA, so we have invited the 0-25 Mgr. to our two support groups next week. We have organised note takers at both these sessions so that we can feedback to our families who are not able to attend.
Dates of our support groups next week where we have LA officer will be at our Bradley Stoke and Patchway group click below for time and locations
3) We will log all your comments anonymously, look for common themes and present them to the relevant senior managers at the local authority . We will also present them to the lead councillor of the children & young peoples committee.
4) We will continue to capture your views and represent our families at all the meetings that we sit on throughout the year.
5) We can facilitate future focus groups.
Remember we are the official organisation recognised by the Dept for education that has the parent carer forum as part of the service we provide for families.
What is important to us now, is how the needs of our children & young people are addressed by our desire to co-produce the services we would all like to see.
If you want to provide anymore feedback you can
Contact us and Join Us
Through our website www.sglospc.org.uk
Email us email@example.com
Follow us on our social media