Volunteering with us
Why do it? What will you gain from it?
Volunteering provides a great opportunity for personal development; it’s a way of gaining confidence and learning new skills or putting your existing skills to good use.
It can improve your employment prospects by helping you gaining work experience if you did want to return to work after caring or thinking of career change. It can provide you with something interesting, useful and fun to do in your spare time.
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, make new friends and give something back to your community.
Hear from Gill and Penny below who volunteer with us
There are several opportunities to get involved, whatever skills and time you have to offer. We will give you the support and training that you need to work with us and to represent the collective voice of parent/carers.
Volunteers are very important to us and the people we support. If you join us as a SGPC volunteer, you will help us make a real difference to the lives of parent/carers of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs and their families. We pay our volunteers out of pocket expenses.
Most of all it gets you out of the house and meeting other Parent Carers!
We have a wide range of Volunteering opportunities that might interest you:
- Being part of our SGPC Team
- Parent Reps who attend the Strategic Meetings with the Local Authority/Heath and other service who represent parents
- Parent Ambassdors
- Volunteers for our Parent Groups and Coffee mornings
- Helping out at Events, Stalls, Leaflet drops, Admin etc
- Sitting on Interview panels
- Speaking at events or training sessions from a parents perspective
Contact us for more info, we would love to catch up with you.