For many of our families, travelling over the holidays needs to be thought through a great deal more than the average household. You might recognise these:
- How much battery life does the ipad have and can we charge it when we are away? (to avoid nuclear meltdown)
- Do we have a weeks supply of the one food item my child will eat at the moment? (Because only this one particular brand of porridge will do)
- Do we have our visual schedule of the entire trips completely unspontaneous planned activities? (Perhaps we could schedule some spontaneous fun between 10:30 and 11am)
- Do we have enough room for the Maclaren major elite / adapted wheelchair and all the other holiday get up? (Must we leave the inflatable pink flamingos at home? They do so add to the summer vibe)
- Have we got enough meds / know where all the local health facilities are?
- Do we have enough gin / wine to get us through? (only joking...not really...we are joking)
One of things that is can be top of the list of considerations as we decide where to go or how to get there is the where we can easily and in a dignified way take our children to the toilet when they need changing and assistance. We have seen a big increase in Changing Places Toilets and you might remember when we were at the opening of the long awaited toilet at Cribbs Causeway, check out the blog here.
Changing Places have on their website not only a find a toilet search they have a toilet journey planner where you enter your start point and destination and it will map out for you where all the accessible toilets are along the way! It is really easy to use and you can register for an account to save all your favourite toilet locations and maps for quick and easy access at a later date. Handy! Check out their website here.